I am introducing about “Momotarou”
which is a very famous story of friendship. When I was a child, I think I often
heard the story. Probably, it is the most famous and popular story of all
Japanese stories. This story was written about a young man and ogres. I am showing
you the contents of the story.
Once upon a time, there were an old man and
woman. One day, she was by a river for washing clothes, and a big peach was coming
from the upper reaches of the river. She took it home. She and he tried cutting
the peach. Then, a little boy appeared from the peach. They named him “Momotarou”.
“Momo” is peach, and “Tarou” is a usual name in Japanese.
Momotarou grew very quickly, and he decided he
would go to the island of ogres for fighting them. Therefore, he found three
comrades. They were a dog, a monkey and a pheasant. After they arrived at the
island, they defeated ogres together, and they got a lot of treasures. He
brought those treasures his home. Momotarou and the old parents could live
happily forever.
This is the story. Momotarou and animals
fought ogres together. This is the famous story of friendship in Japan.
That's very brave of Momotarou.
ReplyDelete