There are a lot of stories which theme is
friendship in Japan. For example, television, movie, book, fairy story and so
on. I think a lot of fairy stories use theme of friendship. Today, I talk about
“Momotarou” which is a popular Japanese folklore. I explain this story. The far
past, peach float out from upstream when an old woman wash clothes by the river.
The old woman pick up the peach, and she go back home. Then she sliced the
peach in half, and boy appeared from peach. Therefore the boy’s name is “Momotaroeu”.
American name is “Peach Boy”. The boy gets a few millet dumplings from her, and
set off to subdue the ogres in Ogres’ Island. On one’s way there, he meets
monkey, dog and pheasant. He gives a millet dumpling to each of us, and he
build up a circle of friends. After that they go to Ogres’ Island, and they
unite their strength to win their fight with ogres. We can understand the
importance of friendship and confidential relationship.
Very good story.
ReplyDelete