Thursday, April 17, 2014

Assignment#44


There are many kinds of American food that I like for example, hamburger, Apple pie, ice cream and pizza. Specifically, my favorite American food is mashed potatoes. When I lived in Japan, I seldom ate mashed potatoes but I became eat mashed potatoes, after coming to the U.S. It is delicious. I learned how to make mashed potatoes because I had to do presentation how to make favorite American food. I am going to introduce how to make mashed potatoes. First, put potatoes into a saucepan. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add water until potatoes are covered. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes, or until done - a fork can easily be poked through them. Second, warm cream and melt butter, together, either in microwave or in a pan on the stove. Drain water from potatoes. Put hot potatoes into a bowl. Add cream and melted butter. Use potato masher to mash potatoes until well mashed. Use a strong spoon to beat further, adding milk to achieve the consistency you desire. (Do not over-beat or your potatoes will get gluey.) Salt and pepper to taste. It is very easy. I want to make mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment